FOLDER MANAGEMENT - Exclude, Include, CLEAR CACHE

I don't know exactly how Poweramp interfaces with folders and how it keeps track of them.

That said... I AM aware that you can select folders in the program, etc.

The problem is... There are certain folders that I DE-SELECT from that very list...and I subsequently rescan...that Poweramp still accesses in the playlist. I do not WANT this folder in the playlist but it still plays files from this folder.

It's a folder of ringers that I've made for my phone. I don't want them in my list when I go 'SHUFFLE ALL' in Poweramp.

The folder has been checked, unchecked, rechecked, unchecked again...and it still plays my ringers during shuffle mode.

Can we get some clarification on how Poweramp handles folders? Or EVEN BETTER... "Exclude" specific folders.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like a way to prevent some folders containing ringtones and voice notes from appearing in Poweramp Library. I have Poweramp set to only include one folder for my music but this only seems to apply in Folder view. They are still visible in Library view. One solution is to prevent these folders from being added is to put a .nomedia file each folder, but this method can result in files being deleted by the media scanner so I am reluctant to try.

This feature should have been included yonks ago. I actually thought it already existed.

In another favourite Android app of mine, called QuickPic (it's an image viewer), there is the ability to Hide/Exclude folders from being displayed and scanned. This is needed for PA too and should be straightforward to implement.

Archived