will not even recognize FLAC!

I just downloaded the newest build (396) and was very excited to hear it can play FLAC up to 24/96. So I just dragged and dropped a bunch of FLAC files, ranging from 16/44 to 24-bits with various sampling rates into the music folder of my microSD card (in my Droid) just to test it out.

After unmounting my droid from the PC and rescanning the folders, it does not even see the FLACs. I even reset the phone....no dice.

Now this is a beautiful and full-featured player, but the main reason i PAID for this as opposed to using the various other fine free players was the FLAC support.

I searched around this forum and saw older posts where the creator of the app said that Droid's can't even output audio above 16 bit / 44 Hz. Then why add 24/96 functionality???

The Library is android system media library and it understands only default locations and "standard" formats.

This will change with the addition of custom Library implementation in PowerAMP v2.0.

PowerAMP Folders list is customizable - you can select any root folder on sd card/internal flash drive (where supported)

and it supports non-standard formats as well.

24/96 flacs are supported, but they are converted to 16/48/44.1 (depending on phone hardware specs). There is little to no point of having flacs in 24/96 on your phone, but if you have such files and don't want to convert them, PowerAMP still can play them.

Thanks!

I understand the last paragraph, but am still confused re the first two. I went into the Poweramp preferences and made sure the folder named "music" where I keep all the music on my SD card was checked off as a folder Poweramp looks for files. It has no problem finding all the other mp3 and AAC files that are in that same folder, but not the FLACs. What gives?

I don't really care about the 24 bit thing but I NEED to be able to play FLAC.

• 2 weeks later...

They won't show up in library as android system library doesn't support it (it does support it on Samsungs, so flacs show up in library on Samsungs, though, tags are broken there).

Support for all PowerAMP formats will be in versions 2.x, where custom PowerAMP library will be implemented.

Thanks!

@maxmpz -

one more question along these lines: i notice when i'm in folder mode and i'm on the main list with all the folders, it will display the album art, the name of the folder, but then "/MUSIC" (which is the name of the folder on my SD card where the music files are). Is there no way to have the artist name appear there instead of "/MUSIC"?

Not an issue on non-FLAC files since i can use the more search-friendly Library mode with those, but I do listen to a lot of FLACs. Or is this something that the 2.x update will fix?

Thanks!

Archived