Multiple Play Queues?

andrewj

Hi,

I don't know if there's any way to do this, or if it's actually a feature request.

Before the latest Android upgrade, I had two music players. I used the standard Sony one for searching, selecting music, and playing it in a controlled fashion - great for the gym. I used the second one, which had a good random function, for playing random songs when I'm travelling.

Unfortunately both were based on the standard Android Media Storage index, and my music is largely WMA files, so it all broke with the latest upgrade which rendered my WMA files invisible to both apps.

Poweramp finds and plays my music well, but I'd like to get back to the model where I can have effectively two active play queues, a manually selected one and a random one, and play songs from either one without having to reset the other each time.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Andrew

If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have posed the question, and wouldn't need to use Poweramp. I have a vast number of WMA files and all my other devices play them. Transcoding could easily result in a loss of quality. Do you have an answer to the question I posed?

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks. That might work. Does Poweramp have the ability to remember where you were in playing a playlist, or does it start at the beginning if you switch to another mode and then switch back? I think maybe what I'm looking for is mainly the ability to remember "where I was" in different play lists/queues.

Archived