PowerAMP for Google TV/Blu Ray/Set-top box devices?

haddy

Hi,

Are there any plans to make optimizations of Poweramp for set-top box devices that run Android such as the Sony NSZ-GT1 Blu-ray player

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 00#gallery

Actually from a movie watching standpoint, I have a backup of most of my music collection (mp3's and FLAC's) and most of my hi-def movie collection (mkv's) as a DVD and Blu-ray BD-re back ups. I never intended upon copying the files from the disk back to a USB HDD device again just to enjoy them on TV and I never was too keen on streaming my content to my hd TV either.

I always hoped that an Android enabled Blu-ray player would come to existence and alongside the right features such as multiple codec support, internet support and USB OTG support with necessary API's/GPU for app dev's - such device could be the ULTIMATE living-room media center device. I always hoped Samsung or LG would bring abouit such device first, but it looks like it is ever closer with Sony's NSZ-GT1.

Right, excuse that epic babble. Does Poweramp have any future on these devices? Would it be as simple as Poweramp's skins having to support larger screen res (1920x1080 or higher)

Thanks for the link. PowerAMP currently allows any screen size/resolution in it's application manifest, but of course, it will look overscaled in some places and too tiny in other places on large display. Also, it depends if Google+Sony will allow phone Market apps on tv at all (as I understant, they don't do that yet).

There are plans to add optimized skins for honeycomb and these layouts actually can work for tv larger displays.

Thanks!

Archived