Am I missing something?

Trying to like this app. Two questions, to make sure I'm not actually part of the problem:

1. My soundtracks/compilation/various artist albums are displaying individually by artist instead of by album. I've had this problem with the stock player, DoubleTwist, WinAmp, and now, Poweramp. How do I get the soundtrack/compilation files to group by Album?

2. App either crashes or stops playing entirely when I connect a USB cable for Charge Only. I want to be able to hook my device into a power supply so that the battery doesn't drain (I listen at work all day, 9h). Messages state that when the USB is connected, the SD Card is unavailable. This does not happen with WinAmp or Double Twist. Is there a setting I can change so that my files aren't made unavailable by connecting a power supply (USB Charge Only to my PC)?

Using DX with 2.2.

Thanks!

As far as the seeing the songs in the album together you should be able to go to Folders>Library>Albums and see them by the Album and not the artist. Same with Stock player.

As the charging goes I didn't see any problem with my Epic. I wonder if it is an issue with with the DX and something.

Thanks for the feedback.

1. you probably don't have proper/same album tags for these songs. Neither system scanner nor PowerAMP can guess the right "album" if this tag is empty/invalid or differs.

2. I can't reproduce this on my test phones. On 2.2 there is no chance for application to shutdown itself when USB drive connection is made (app killed by Android instantly), but still, this shouldn't produce any crashes.

Note, that WinAmp by default enables auto mount, i.e. SD card will be unmounted when you connect USB even for just charge. Please verify you have this option disabled in WinAmp.

I'm having a similar problem with album sorting. In several other players, including doubletwist and winamp, my albums appear together under Album view. In the Library Album view on this, it separates out every single artist. And this isn't just on soundtracks and compilations. This includes solo artist albums that have guests. if a song says "feat. insert artist name " I end up with it listed as a separate album. If it did this in other players, I'd think it was a problem with artist tags or some such, but it only does it with Poweramp. for myself, that's literally the only thing I have an issue with.

2 Crossfire503

Sorry, but I can't reproduce that. PowerAMP shows exactly the same albums for me as standard player or winamp does. All 3 apps do the same for album list - they show what's in the system media library.

These are screenshots from SGS 2.1. As you can see, all 3 players have duplications.

[attachment=2]standard.png[/attachment] [attachment=1]winamp.png[/attachment] [attachment=0]poweramp.png[/attachment]

On 2.2 it's a bit better - I don't see such album duplication on my nexus1, but again, this applies to all 3 apps (PowerAMP, WinAmp, standard player).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone figure this out? I also have a Moto Droid (Droid 2 Global) and am seeing the same behavior for compilations: In iTunes (and my iPod Touch) the albums are consolidated, but in the stock Droid player and Poweramp I am seeing the compilations split out by Aritist. I am syncing with TuneSync.

Is there a way to determine if the compilation tag is making it to the Droid? (I can't find a way to inspect for the compilation tag while on the Droid)

Archived