• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
GiantKillerHedgehog

Static crackling and popping noises

7 posts in this topic

I have been using Poweramp for little over a year now and I find it to be the best music player on the Google Play store. Though recently I've been experiencing static crackling and popping noises through my earphones. This is not a consistent thing but however is really annoying when I'm listening to quieter tracks. I've tested to make sure it's not the earphones by listening to music on YouTube and other music players and it's not my earphones. I don't really want to get rid of Poweramp as I paid for it. I've tried changing the priority settings to high and the buffer settings, it made little difference. Could someone please help. My phone is a NEXUS 4.

Please try to disable DVC in Poweramp menu: Settings=>Audio=>Advanced Tweaks=>Direct Volume Control (check it).

Hi, ich hatte das gleiche Problem, allerdings nur mit .flac Dateien. Habe einige Tipps hier aus dem Forum ohne Erfolg versucht.

Habe dann den ganzen Ordner von meinem Galaxy S II gelöscht und neu aufgespielt. Danach war alles gut. Reiner 24-Bit Musikgenuß. Poweramp Ver. 2.0.9-build-539-arm-play

Hi, ich hatte das gleiche Problem, allerdings nur mit .flac Dateien. Habe einige Tipps hier aus dem Forum ohne Erfolg versucht.

Habe dann den ganzen Ordner von meinem Galaxy S II gelöscht und neu aufgespielt. Danach war alles gut. Reiner 24-Bit Musikgenuß. Poweramp Ver. 2.0.9-build-539-arm-play

Google translate

Hi, I had the same problem, but only with. Flac files. Have some tips from the forum tried to no avail.
I then deleted the whole folder of my Galaxy S II and re-uploaded. After that, everything was good. Pure 24-bit music enjoyment. Poweramp Ver. 2.0.9-build-539-arm-play

Please try to disable DVC in Poweramp menu: Settings=>Audio=>Advanced Tweaks=>Direct Volume Control (check it).

Cheers. That worked for me.

Hi,

I got this problem too.

When hearing to His-Res Music, (24bit, 96KHZ), I hear static crackling noise... I use a BT speaker (blackbeat pro). I must reboot the phone to make this boring issue to stop. But the issue will start again after a while. If I switch from 16bits to 24 bits, then I get the issue also, even if I hadn't it yet before.

I have tried the mentionned solution above (disabling DVC), but it won't work.

PLEASE, fix this, other music player haven't that issue, such as MusicXmatch... I wish a paid app would work properly.

Phone : Alcatel idol 3, 6.0.1, Poweramp full 2.0.10-588

Having the same issue. Disabling DVC, which I already had enabled doesn't work.

Please correct the issue.