Android Head Unit Phone Calls with build 703

terryg

I have a basic Android head unit in my car which is running Android 6.0.  I recently installed Poweramp V2 and upgraded to the V3 build.

When Poweramp is running and a phone call is received, power amp will pause for a second, then start streaming through the bluetooth call.   On my particular head unit, the caller information is displayed right on top of the pause button within Poweramp.  So I can't pause the music and have to fumble around getting back to the main menu and finding the widget to pause the music.  Very dangerous while driving.

Is there any way to prevent Poweramp from streaming through the bluetooth call?  I have tried a number of focus settings without any success.

I tried a few other popular players such as Player Pro and Rocket Player, and these all worked perfect with incoming phone calls.  They muted / paused, and the resumed when the call was hung up.

Though all I can say is the audio quality of any other player I have tired does not even come close to Poweramp.  There is no way I can go back to another player so I am hoping this is a simple fix and I am overlooking something.

Thanks for your help.

Terry

Archived