Just play a single playlist

sshede

I did a few searches but couldn't come up with anything, so sorry if this has been brought up before.

I bought this application months ago, but haven't used it because I use m3u playlist files. I open Poweramp, choose a playlist, select my first song, and the Now Playing UI ignores my playlist and begins to play through my entire library. I can't find anything in the settings related to this, and I have no idea how to fix it. I realize I can just add the playlist to the queue and just play from there, but I change playlists out at red lights while I'm driving, so loading the queue, going to it, then clearing the queue, picking a playlist, loading it, then going back to it takes much longer than 1) Select Playlist, 2) Choose Song on UberMusic or Google Play Music.

Anyone have a fix for this?

that's strange, so even when you start playing from your playlist, the problem persist? make sure shuffle is off or turned to folder/playlist only. Or turn on repeat and make it folder/playlist only.

Let me know if any of these help.

• 3 weeks later...

This is very similar to my situation. I go to "Library" then "artist" (or any selection actually) and click and hold so I can select the option to play everything by that artist or genre etc. However, only the first song plays and then it reverts back to my entire song list. Driving me a bit mad this morning. :-(

So, I figured I'd beat it and select everything by an artist and place it in a new playlist. Then I select that playlist to play and yet again, it only plays the first song then reverts to my entire song list. grrrrr.

HELP!

ps. I've tried your suggestions with shuffle...no joy.

• 7 months later...

I have a major problem with Playlists also. I build my playlist in the simple M3U format, i.e. just a list of the filename/path on the SD card. For ex, one of the playlists that sits in the playlist folder under my music folder might have just:

..\Carly Rae Jepsen\Curiosity\Call Me Maybe.mp3

..\Foster The People\Torches\Pumped Up Kicks.mp3

Ok, sometimes when I launch PA and touch Playlists, I can select that playlist and it works as it should. HOWEVER, I have created about 15 playlists and when I see the list of playlists, there are only 7 or 8 shown. And sure enough, when I look at my SD card later the m3u files not shown HAVE BEEN DELETED!

What the ...???

I have verified that the pathnames are exactly correct because I've been experimenting with very short playlists (as above), so I know that's not it. Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys,

try my app "Playlist Manager" on Google Play. It maintains playlists for android but has a special "export to m3u" feature. Several options are available too such as relative or absolute path, unix or windows format.

If you were to loose your m3u playlist, simply create it again using my app. Apart from this, it has some other nice features and makes the creation of playlists a sinecure.

Archived