Problematic shuffle

jimaek

I have 310 songs on my phone and always listen to them using the shuffle option. The problem is that some songs are repeating all the time and some songs i have never heared.

I listen to the music 2 hours per day on my way to and from work. And its annoying listening the same thing knowing that you have a lot more songs in there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing three same issue. I have replaced my XM with an aux input in my car using "shuffle" all of the time. I have around 500 songs on my phone, but I seem to hear the same songs over and over. I have turned on the "run service will the time" thinking that will not lose the songs that were played previously. This does not seem to work. I would love to hear an explanation for this. Bty, this player is AWESOME!!!

Do you hear the same songs during "one session" of using PowerAMP? If so - there are duplications in your list.

If it happens after a while - that means PowerAMP process was killed or re-shuffle happened (due to the usb connection, folder rescan, another list re-selected, etc).

I'm planning adding "permanent" shuffle sorting for user created playlists - it will be possible to re-sort the playlist and store the random order in playlist permanently.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I have this same problem too and it is likely caused by me charging by USB as you mentioned. When I'm done listening for the day I pause the song. When I return I resume playing that song and it continues right where I left off - but the shuffle plays songs I already heard and I don't seem to get through all the tracks. There should be some way to lock the shuffle until all the tracks are played even if I charge by USB.

And I agree with others THIS APP IS AWESOME. Best money spent on an app. :mrgreen:

Is it possible to add an option to only scan manually? I don't add music that often and wouldn't mind having to do it manually if that would cause the shuffle to function properly. I guess that is why the shuffle option worked properly on my old Treo as it only scanned when the SD card was inserted.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all for the 10,000th time great ap, great support and fantastic attention to detail. I Purchased Poweramp last December and have spent last 6 months recommended it to all my friends on android.This is the first time I have put pen to paper but this shuffle issue is driving me mad. I have tried all sorts of settings but my 400+ records that are set to play on shuffle mode keep repeating everytime I start up your app. So on day one I might play 40 songs and pause the app. When I start up the app day 2 the same record is paused but some of the 40 songs played on day 1 repeat themselves. Then on day 3 I start the App again and get some of the songs repeated from day 1 and some songs repeated from day 2. Obviously the shuffle is not stored on the phone and resets everytime I open the app so I never get to hear all 400 songs. Please can you sort out this one slight blip on an otherwise perfect App. Regards Graham

You can try to use "permanent" playlist shuffle - i.e. add songs to playlist and re-sort it randomly then just play this playlist (without any shuffle mode). This will give you "pure" random experience :) even for multiple "sessions" - as randomized list is permanently stored.

Thanks!

That is an interesting work-around. I'll try it and see what happens. I also notice in the original shuffle mode - it seems to "favor" certain tracks - but I can't really prove it. If I start a new shuffle - it includes a few new tracks but also plays some of the same ones always. Maybe they are on a certain part of the playlist the program "likes".

Honestly - I think in an attempt to accommodate everyone's requests the program options have gotten a little complicated and confusing. You can't please everyone - maybe it's time to scale back and re-organize things just a bit. That's just yet another request that might be best to ignore. :mrgreen:

This is exactly the great service I was talking about in my post above. Did not realise you could sort playlist randomly but one quick request and Max has found the time to answer. For those of you not exactly clear on the above instructions on how to do a "pure" random sort follow this quick explanation.

Once you have loaded your playlist select it so all (or the top 12 records) are showing. Select menu, select sort, select Shuffle (random sort). Now start playing the top record and remember once the record is playing to turn off the shuffle mode. Now all you need to do once all records have finished playing is repeat the above to have another completly different random order of your records. Thanks again Max keep up all the great work can't wait for version 2 release in the summer.

Archived