Need playlist help ASAP!

I am new to the Android family as my husband just bought me the Samsung Galaxy a little over a month ago. My primary reason for changing from my iPod and iPhone 3G was to get away from iTunes. I am an aerobic instructor in the evenings after working a full-time job all day long. I used to love teaching aerobics; it was a wonderful hobby, but the issues I am having with my phones is making this more of a nightmarish full-time job as well.

Today, I took the plunge and bought the full version of Poweramp. For the last month I was using the standard Music Player on the phone with no issues. This past Thursday, however, I went to change the order of my music in Music Player and it deleted 3 of my playlists. I was hoping that Poweramp would get me away from those issues. I am becoming increasingly more afraid that I am going to go to class with no music at all!

I have spent most of the day reading the forum and trying to create my playlists in Poweramp. Being lost is an absolute understatement. I understand that there may be a learning curve but YIKES! Even if I get the hang of it soon, am I to understand that I can't manipulate the order of my playlists like I could with iTunes or Music Player?

If you are wondering why I am hell bent on using my phone for this instead of an MP3, convenience and sound quality are my main reasons! As I said I used to use an iPod and and iPhone, but had multiple issues including an Apple tech syncing/deleting my entire music library. Yes, I do back up my library but I spend hours running each song through Audacity to equalize, normalize, and sometimes change the speed of my songs. This to my knowledge cannot not be backed up (they are .aup files which I don't quite understand) and since the music was in iTunes, I lost everything. Since I had to start over, we thought going to an Android would solve my problems. I'm still having too many issues. If I could quit my hobby/job to save my sanity, believe me I would, because I feel like I am going to lose it spending more time on this issue than I truly should.

Does anyone have any sound and reasonable (quick and easy-to-understand) advice for me? I have been struggling since December with my music, why is this so hard for me?!

I just wasn't swift (or patient) enough to figure the playlist thing out. I am about to delete Poweramp completely from my phone and use PlayerPro which seems to be a little bit user friendly for my needs. Thanks for your input!

Archived