Shuffle-Mode

gufo

Hello,

is there any way to use PA in shuffle-mode and have a real shuffle? I have about 2.000 Songs on my Phone and PA works about 8 - 12 hours per day but it feels like some radio-stations. PA plays a random series of my music but in a short time it play the same songs.

I was using Pocketmusic Player before on my Windows Mobile Phone and this player was playing all songs in shuffle until it played ALL songs and there was no double or repeat of any. I could also rearrenge all songs randomly in a playlist there.

Useful would be a playlist-function, where I can rearrange the songs in a playlist randomly with a click (from a menu or a button).

At all I am missing a playlist-view unattached of the folder or library view.

Thank you for this phantastic play and your work!

Gunther

Please use search in this forum to find out how PowerAMP shuffles songs (I will add this to FAQ as well).

Basically, PowerAMP loads the whole list and reorders items in it. Until all list is played, no duplications are possible, unless they exist in the original list.

Thanks!

Okay, I was searching for Threads, but not one can help me.

And I have to contradict. The shuffle-Mode does not play all Songs in random arrangement until ALL Songs are played. To say there are simply repeatings is an understatement. I noted 3 or more of them and all Songs are only one time in the Folder- oder Librarylist.

This is an very short example, how it works:

-Title 500,

-Title 2,

-Title 1700,

-Title 1200,

-Title 2,

-Title 4

-Title 199,

-Title 1200,

-Title 1201,

-Title 1950,

-Title 2,

-Title 400

and so on. Maybe it plays all Songs at all, but there are innumerable Repetitions and it nerves. Approximately all 15 - 20 minutes I have to press the "Next" button.

If I could rearrange a Playlist randomly, I would never have this problem again.

That's why I think it would be better to have a Playlist-Feature, where I can edit and sort all entries manuelly or with some tipps.

If PA already have this feature (or something similar) please let me know and please tell me how and where, because I didn't seen it.

Thank you.

Gunther

Just go to current played list when duplication is played and remember it relative position, then navigate back until the same song and check it position. Most probably these will be different entries in the list. Current PowerAMP approach to shuffling excludes possibility of duplications from the shuffling itself.

Still, if something forces PowerAMP to reload list, the list will be reshuffled. It can be anything (other apps, e.g. syncing apps) generating media rescan events.

Reshuffled list can be detected by going back with

Thanks!

Archived