Option to toggle off notification sound music interruption?

CapitalQ

Maxmpz,

I see that you already commented on this idea at least once in the past, such as this post:

Ansroid OS disables music playing for few seconds when it has some ringtone to play, e.g., for SMS message.

But what I'm wondering is whether or not it'd be possible for you to implement a hack of sorts to allow this to be toggled off—some way to trick the OS into behaving differently. I've read that the other major smartphone operating systems merely fade the music low in volume during a notification, while Android's 2-second mute is quite abrupt to the listener. I don't expect something as elegant as a volume fade to be easily implemented, but if notifications could be played simultaneously with music, even at the same volume, I think a lot of users would be pleased. It sure doesn't seem like Google will be addressing this in the OS any time soon: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5012

Any thoughts? Keep up the awesome work! :mrgreen:

Jon

Yes, there are requests like this and I'm going to put this into next update.

It (optionally) won't pause for things like sms notifications, but this also includes Voice directions from navigation (these types of short audio focus change are not distinguishable from each other). Still, PowerAMP will pause when other music app starts (i.e. stock or other 3rd party player).

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

This feature has been included in current build but for Android 2.2+. I am a Xperia X10i user and we are stuck with 2.1 (a promise of 2.3.3 has been made by SE, but can't say when). If I am not asking much, is it possible to enable this feature for Android 2.1 also?

Archived