Bluetooth Issues

Both with the BT headset and in the Car, changing tracks will sometimes work, and sometimes not. When it stops working, I have to change a track on the phone manually, and then it may work again for a while. The car is even worse... almost always fails to change tracks using the controller on the console, or, the sterring wheel control....neither work Additionally, track info is not shown on the car display at all.. just shows UNKNOWN. Phone is a Galaxy Note 3. Car is a 2013 BMW.  If I use the Amazon Music Player... everything works perfectly, tracks are displayed, and no issues with changing tracks in the car, or with the headset. Also tried downloading the "GoneMAD" player... it also works perfectly with both car and headset.

I've tired playing with the settings, toggling things off and on, but no good. If the other players work so well, it leads me to wonder if there is something just incorrectly implemented with Poweramp's bluetooth. Any suggestions? I only use the player for Bluetooth so I'm using another player for now.

I've had this happen recently too now that I have my LG G3 (got it a few days ago). On my 2012 Camry the tracks will sometimes change when using the steering wheel controls but most of the time will not. I'll have to manually do it and then it'll start working again.

I've had this happen recently too now that I have my LG G3 (got it a few days ago). On my 2012 Camry the tracks will sometimes change when using the steering wheel controls but most of the time will not. I'll have to manually do it and then it'll start working again.

I'm not sure what the Camry has for a screen/display... but assuming it does, does it show the track info, artist, etc.?

I'm not sure what the Camry has for a screen/display... but assuming it does, does it show the track info, artist, etc.?

Yes, everything like album, artist, and track name displays fine even the time even though sometimes its not perfectly synced with where the song is at time-wise. The track number doesn't work though, its always in the thousands for some reason.

Well, the problem with track infromation being shown on the screen can be resolved by ENABLING "Short Audio Focus Change". I had that feature disabled. I found this same problem people were having with another music playr (Xiia Live), and a similar feature. Although this does not resolve the issue with the controls, the track info now appears on the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

...with the BT... in the Car, changing tracks will sometimes work, and sometimes not. When it stops working, I have to change a track on the phone manually, and then it may work again for a while. The car is even worse... almost always fails to change tracks using the controller on the console, or, the sterring wheel control....neither work 

Same things happens to me.

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/7176-erratic-bluetooth-behavior-with-sony-mex-bt31pw-car-stereo-cd-receiver/

Archived