Disable Bluetooth integration?

AGregory

I run a BlueAnt S4 Bluetooth hands free speaker in my car for making and receiving calls. My problem is, I use my headphone jack on my DroidX to send music into my stereo. Whenever I play my music in Poweramp, it comes through my Bluetooth speaker instead of my headphone jack. I could turn off Bluetooth, but then I wouldn't be able to use it to make calls etc. I have looked a bit, but have not found a setting in Poweramp that says, "don't use Bluetooth". Any thoughts?

I have the same problem. You can go into your bluetooth settings on your phone and uncheck the option for media which will stop sending music to the bluetooth speakerphone however it will only remember this for one session and gets rechecked automatically the next time your devices pair. It would be great if Poweramp could have a control that wouldn't bypass this. Something like "always send music through wired headset if available" option.

I run a BlueAnt S4 Bluetooth hands free speaker in my car for making and receiving calls. My problem is, I use my headphone jack on my DroidX to send music into my stereo. Whenever I play my music in Poweramp, it comes through my Bluetooth speaker instead of my headphone jack. I could turn off Bluetooth, but then I wouldn't be able to use it to make calls etc. I have looked a bit, but have not found a setting in Poweramp that says, "don't use Bluetooth". Any thoughts?

It's very easy to set in system - go to Menu-Settings-Wireless-Bluetooth settings, LONG tap on your connected device, you want not to play music, Tap Option (or Settings - don't really know, how it's in english), you will see 2 check boxes "Telephone" and "Multimedia".

You need to uncheck "Multimedia", leaving "Telephone" checked and your handsfree speaker will work only for that function, no music via Bluetooth anymore! ;)

AND: IT WILL NOT BE "rechecked automatically the next time your devices pair" - of course if you'll not rePAIR them everytime you connect them!

I have bluetooth headset, set for Telephone and BT-Radio-Transmitter for Music - they BOTH are connected simultaneously and each of them is doing only its job - no music in headset, no voice in car speakers.

And no need to uncheck the boxes every time each of these devices are connected (even if they are connected separately - not at the same time - they're doing only the job I assigned to them).

Archived