Allshare (DLNA)?

onekonek1

• 1 month later...

Is "Not yet" just a more friendly way of saying "we don't care about DLNA" or would it be too much to hope for this feature in the (near) future?

I am currently using Poweramp with my phone, where I have all the music I need local, but I love it so much that I would very much like to also use it at home with my tablet, which ideally should only provide the player controls to connect my music library lying on a NAS to my stereo (which is old and hence has no DLNA client on its own).

I would really like to be able to connect this application to my Pioneer wireless speaker via DLNA or WifiDirect just like Windows Media/Samsung Music Players do. I think you guys at PoweAMP should really implement this feature as it is the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've just got my nice new Andriod device - Nexus 10 and it's becoming rather clear

1 - people's music collections are growing

2 - the amount of space required for other applications apart from music on devices is growing

3 - more and more Andriod devices are being made that will not take extra storage

All of the above means that there is currently no point re-purchasing Poweramp as I do not have the space to store the whole of my music collection on my device and as Poweramp is no nearer to supporting DLNA that it was 3 years ago, I'll have to purchase another solution.

This is a great shame as Poweramp is a very good product and I very much wish to use it, but if it can't access all my music its of no value.

Archived