Two different libraries

shmn

Is there a way to have two separate music libraries?  I would like to have one library for classical music and one library for modern music.  That way when I'm in Poweramp, only the current library is visible and usable so that the other library music files will not be displayed at all.  I know there is a way to switch folder but can it be done in library mode which I prefer.  Almost like having two different Poweramp apps installed at the same time.

I was thinking of using two different apps.  Poweramp for modern music and then another app for classical only.  But I like PA a lot (mainly for replay gain) and would like to use it for both libraries but only if there is an easy way to do it without a lot of hassle.

Thanks.

You may try this in Poweramp menu: Settings=>Folders and Library=>Music Folders (check folders you want to play like Classic check it and uncheck other folders including Modern).

Thanks...but like I mentioned in my original post, I am aware of this feature but it's not a viable solution for a number of reasons.  First, it's time consuming to go through the settings to change music folders.  Second, it needs to rescan the folders whenever you do this and this can take a couple of minutes when you have 40GB on a 64B card.  Third, you loose your playlists when you do this (unless you back them up and then reinstate them through another program).  So, your recommendation is not a reasonable solution.

It would actually be nice if PA had an feature where you can set up different profiles that can be easily be switched between and each profile can have different settings, playlists, libraries, etc.  Almost like different users under Windows.

Archived