MPEG-4 on PowerAMP

Gawge

I have just bought this app after trying the two week free trial, i'd just like to say this is a brilliant music player.

However I am a bit of a novice when it comes to music files and the finer details of them. I have a "Part 2" album that I have put into my music folder for Poweramp, and also onto iTunes (how I listen to music on my laptop). When I drag and drop the folder into iTunes it has all the music information, the correct order of songs etc...

However on Poweramp the album doesn't even appear under the Artist name, it isn't in order and has no information etc... I have tried changing the details via properties on my computer in my folder structure, however there isn't any option for Artist, Album etc... as there are for other music files.

I believe this file is a "MPEG-4" file though, as opposed to most of my other files which appear to be "MPEG Layer 3".

Is there an easy resolve for this issue?

Thanks for the report.

Can you see the tag info via Longpress/right arrow click => Info? If so, this means Android library failed to read tags from these mp4 files.

PowerAMP uses own tag reader, but this is used for Main screen and Folders view.

This will change with the addition of custom Library implementation in PowerAMP v2.0.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the report.

Can you see the tag info via Longpress/right arrow click => Info? If so, this means Android library failed to read tags from these mp4 files.

Poweramp uses own tag reader, but this is used for Main screen and Folders view.

This will change with the addition of custom Library implementation in Poweramp v2.0.

I have looked at the "Info", Everything is correct, the title, the track, the year, the artist, the album etc... However it still shows up in my library as "Unknown Artist" and all the track names have 2-01, 2-02 etc... infront of them when that isn't included in the track name. The actual album name appears correctly.

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

Archived