Shuffle Lists and Holding a Queue

lardo5150

Title sounds weird when i read it back, but hopefully my explanation will help.

95% of what I play are in PlayLists.

I just figured out how all the Shuffle modes work. I am switching from Google Music cause their Shuffle is garbage.

So I am very happy with the shuffle at the moment. One thing I am looking to see if it is possible is to load the queue, HOLD it (meaning it is always queued up) while I play other things.

Let me explain.

The reason I came from Google is cause I have a "Metal" playlist of over 700 songs. It seemed 50 or so songs always got played. When I would start the playlist back up after whatever, it would still play those same songs.

I wanted something like from this post HERE

I want the ability to shuffle through the Metal playlist. Not only that, but lets say (just like from the post in the link), I make it through 20 songs and then I pause, or shut phone off, or whatever, when I come back to the loaded shuffle playlist, I want it to pick up where I left off and not repeat the first 20 songs that were already played. From the post linked above, it says I need to load the playlist into the queue and go from there.

Could I keep this 700 song playlist queued, but at the same time go to another playlist, play it, or another album, whatever, play those things, but then when i wanted to go back to the queued playlist and pick up where I left off?

Is that possible?

Archived