"Resume on headset connect" setting behavior

Wronglink

Hi there, first of all thanks for a wonderful app!

Right now, if I check setting "Resume on Headset Connect", Poweramp will start music playing every time when I connect my headset or headphones. And it gives me a little bit pain, because I want application to continue music playing if I accidentally disconnect the headset, but sometimes I connect headset for other reasons except music listening (movie watching for example). And I don't need automatically music playing start in such case. I think it would be more convenient if application would start music playing only if it was interrupted by disconnecting of headset before.

Hi there, first of all thanks for a wonderful app!

Right now, if I check setting "Resume on Headset Connect", Poweramp will start music playing every time when I connect my headset or headphones. And it gives me a little bit pain, because I want application to continue music playing if I accidentally disconnect the headset, but sometimes I connect headset for other reasons except music listening (movie watching for example). And I don't need automatically music playing start in such case. I think it would be more convenient if application would start music playing only if it was interrupted by disconnecting of headset before.

I'm sorry but to honest, I don't think this is a feature we can add to Poweramp since it's loved and used by many--including myself. It might be better off, in your situation, to simply turn off the auto resume feature, and add Poweramp to your homescreen... That way when you plug in your headset you can choose to either turn on music or not.

• 2 months later...

First of all, thanks for this app! (ONLY Android App I've ever bought ^_^)

I would like to make a suggestion concerning people who are using headphones without playback controls (broken controls, studio headphones, etc), just like me. Basically, what I want to do is to turn the plug / unplug action into a play / pause control. However, I don't like the idea of keeping the headphones unplugged just to keep the music paused - but just like the OP, I don't want music to start playing immediately when the headphones are plugged back in. So here's my proposal: Would it be possible to resume the sound only on an even number of reconnects?

1. Headphones are currently plugged and music is playing

2. Headphones are disconnected - music stops.

3. Headphones are reconnected - music doesn't resume.

4. Headphones are disconnected - nothing happens.

5. Headphones are reconnected - music finally resumes (back to state 1)

Archived