Can't play WMA files in full vesion

Hi everyone.

I purchased the unlocked full version of Power Amp and transfered my music over to my HTC Desire into a NEW folder marked Music (not the default HTC file).

My understanding is that the music file is held in the SD card itself (36 GIG).

When I go to play files encoded as WMA, I get the error message "Failed to Play File" and then "too many failed files" if the whole album is WMA.

The program plays MP3 no issues, but advertises WMA as a supported format.

Can someone let me know how to sort this issue on the Power Amp settings etc, short of the obvious reformat WMA files to MP3?

Thanks for any assistance with this.

Ken

Thanks for the report.

There is no difference in any features or supported formats between Trial and Full Version.

PowerAMP supports wma v1, v2, pro. It doesn't support DRM protected wma or lossless wma.

You can send me sample wma to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com and I will test it.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the report.

There is no difference in any features or supported formats between Trial and Full Version.

Poweramp supports wma v1, v2, pro. It doesn't support DRM protected wma or lossless wma.

Well, the above statement is quite disconcerting. I was prepared to buy the full version but, if it won't support my subscription tracks from Rhapsody (don't blame me, I was a MMJB customer and got "aquired" by Yahoo>Real/Rhapsody :() it could be a deal-breaker. The product is very, very nice but, spending $5 for the app and $700 for all my subscription tracks doesn't make much sense.

Are there any plans to support DRM music with Poweramp in the future?

Just try the Trial version if it works. Full Version doesn't add/change anything in formats support.

Thanks!

I'be been evaluating the trial for several days now and, of course, none of of my subscription tracks play. Not sure what's left to eval

It is not my intention to be snarky with you, it's just very disappointing that such a fine App has such a glaring weakness. In lieu of that, I imagine I'll just make due with the stock music player.:(

Archived