Q. Why do I have <unknown artist> in Library list, but in Folders it's ok?

This was an issue pre 2.X and supposed to be fixed. I, however see Unknown artist in Library on many of my folders that are clearly marked on the SD Card. Why Can't PA look for the folders and figure out Artist and Album based on the Folder Artist and the Folder album. It will show Led Zepplin/Houses of the Holy/The Grunge in folders but still will say it doesn't have enough info to find album art when the song is played. Also, when I copy music to my SD card in WIndows7 it sometimes says, "Not all info can be copied" which is, I assume, some issue with the way that iTunes saves the info...

Any thoughts?

Poweramp gets the song information from the Meta data that's included with the song and the CD, so if the proper information isn't, included in the right format, Poweramp will not be able to tell who the artist is and other informaiton. That's why it says no enough information to find Album art.

Thanks for the quick response!

Okay, I figured that was true. So, do you have any idea why Win7 would not copy all the info to the SD Card when I copy my music to it? iTunes sees it, wrote into the folder that I am copying, but Win7 says it can't copy all of it, though it does not say why. I mean I have five Zepplin albums with info, but Houses of the Holy does not have it...Weird...

Archived