Persistent Notifications

Wraeuk

I would love to have the ability to have a persistent notification in my tray.

In ICS as it is right now it closes on pause (other music apps offer an X button. so they persist when you pause music) but I would like the option to keep it there all the time or conditionally (example: headphones plugged in, notification opens).

I've just noticed this in the new version; thanks! I would still like for an option to keep it there all the time so I have access to it from the moment my phone boots; but this is a major improvement for me.

EDIT: So I've realised why I didn't notice this before... If you pause your music through unplugging your headphones this will kill the notification. I've also notice it happen with short audio focus changes (notification will disappear and reappear). Not entirely sure if this is how stock ICS handles this but I would prefer if it would just pause my music and leave the notification there.

Another EDIT: So it turns out the notification dies when you're pausing from anywhere NOT on the notification (audio focus change, lock screen, main app etc). This isn't the correct functionality; Google Music and various other apps that implement these notifications keep the notification when paused outside the notification specifically. I guess this belongs in the Bug Reports section of the site but I'd rather not clog up the forum with repeat threads.

Archived