Poweramp bricked my phone

I downloaded the latest version of Poweramp, and now it has bricked my phone. It stuck at "Library scan is in progress" and never leave. I can't hit home, I can't hit back, I can't even hold the power button to reset the phone. I can't remove the battery because I have a Razr Maxx, with non-removable battery. I want money refund to me for the full price of a new Razr Maxx. This is a very bad product. I need resolution now. I have a video recorded of the bricked phone.

Freezing is not the same as bricking. Period. Bricking is when the device won't even boot.

Also how can you be so sure this has anything to do with Poweramp? A freeze can be caused by many things, both software and hardware. That the library scan was running can be only a coincidence.

You can try these things:

• If you know what USB debugging is and it's enabled; try this:
    1. Download the Android SDK (and install the Java JDK if you don't have it already) then unzip it to the root of C:\ rename the folder "Andro
    (If you already have installed the Android SDK and added the Environment variable you can skip to 2.)
    1.1 Open the start menu and right click "Computer" then select "Properties", click "Advanced system settings" to the left.
    1.2 Click on "Environment variables. In here, look for a line named "Path" and doubleclick it.
    1.3 Add the following line at the end and DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IN HERE: ;C:\Android SDK\platform-tools;C:\Android SDK\tools
    2. Now you've installed the SDK, plug in the phone using the USB data cable and open the Command Prompt (CMD).
    2.1 write "adb reboot" and if that doesn't do anything "adb shutdown".
    3. If this didn't work use one of the methods below:
  • Take the phone back to the store and have them fix (or replace) it for you.
  • Let the battery run dry so that it shuts down then plug in the charger and let it boot up as normal. If this doesn't work, return the phone to the store and have it fixed/replaced on the warranty.

I downloaded the latest version of Poweramp, and now it has bricked my phone. It stuck at "Library scan is in progress" and never leave. I can't hit home, I can't hit back, I can't even hold the power button to reset the phone. I can't remove the battery because I have a Razr Maxx, with non-removable battery. I want money refund to me for the full price of a new Razr Maxx. This is a very bad product. I need resolution now. I have a video recorded of the bricked phone.

Yeah, what the guy above said. Poweramp doesn't have root access so it couldn't brick your phone since it can't edit your phone's software, it can cause a freeze yes, but with a razr maxx that Poweramp shouldn't really affect it much with the dual-core processor. Do you have custom software loaded on the phone or is stock? I would take it to the store and say the phone is not functioning correctly because that is very strange.

Sorry for this happening to you, but please let us know if this issue gets resolved!

Archived