Editing Tags

tboehrer

PowerAMP asks system media library to refresh the tags. Though, sometimes it can act like this - making duplication.

Duplication should go away next time system media scanner is started (i.e. on sd card mount/unmount or phone reboot).

Thanks!

OK... remounting the SD card kind of worked. It still showed duplicates after scanning (though the Stock player didn't). But... If I pulled up the tags (in Edit), then pressed Save (making no changes), the duplicate went away in Artists, but not Albums. Finally, I copied the tracks to my PC, deleted them from within Poweramp, then copied them back over. Everything was cool after that.

There is more... I had one more album to fix, so I edited the tags in Poweramp. It worked perfectly. Go figure.

So everything is fine now, just not real confident in editing tags on the device. It's a very minor issue though. It's rare that I don't have them correct on the desktop before putting them on the device.

Such problems with system library will certainly go away with the custom PowerAMP library in v2.0.

Though, it will make using the system library in PowerAMP not possible - i.e. only one way importing of playlists, other players won't see PowerAMP library songs, etc.

Archived