Bluetooth Bug?

mattyraap1966
Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

I don't know if this is a bug of Poweramp Equalizer or Spotify or Android itself. 

The following problem happen only with Bluetooth Devices. 

I'm using actually Spotify only for playing music. 

It's working fine as long as I play my playlist(s). 

But after switching to an new Spotify Playlist to find new tracks the volume is increase to maximum very often after choosing a new track. I have to press the volume button to get back to the normal volume played before. It happens randomly but often. 

This only happens with Bluetooth devices connected. If I use the phone speaker it never happens at all. Can't reproduce this maximum volume bug with the phone speaker. 

As I said I don't know if it's an Spotify, Android or Poweramp Equalizer bug but looking for solutions. 

So I disable DVC in the settings of Poweramp Equalizer and did some testing again. 

Problem isn't solved with disabled DVC

As I said, randomly the volume is going to the maximum when choosing a new song at a random playlist within Spotify. 

To reduce the volume to normal I have to press the lower volume button once and the volume bar of Android just goes one step lower. It isn't showing maximum volume while the sound is set to maximum volume. 

Haven't test it with wired headphones, just Bluetooth headphones and speaker. 

Tested again with phone speakers only and still can't reproduce the problem while listening with phone speaker only. 

I'm using Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 phone with Android 14 and HyperOS. Can't remember to have this problem with Android 13. 

• Solution

I can't reproduce the issue with Spotify (8.9.70.556, 8.0.74.568, default settings) and Equalizer 987 (DVC mode) + Sony 1000XM4 (LDAC) + HyperOS (1.0.12.0, 1.0.4.0).

In non DVC mode + absolute volume it's not even possible to change volume on the smartphone - the volume is 100% all the time and controlled on the end device (==BT headphones/BT speakers). What it can be (I'm trying to do an educated guess here):

- conflict between multiple equalization apps and/or system equalization settings. Basically 2+ equalization apps won't work as they will try to change/control same DSP - try to disable them temporarily 
- some settings changed in Settings / Equalizer / Known Players / Spotify - try Restore Defaults
- Known Players / Spotify / Fade - try to toggle that. It actually slightly lowers relative volume to hide equalization setup when player changes audio session, but recent Spotify builds do not change it anyway
- some Spotify volume related option causes the issue
- any other volume/audio fx/equalization app interference - try to disable them temporarily 
- some Spotify issue if you have obscure A-B testing build
- some weird os setting (though there are not many of those)

Bluetooth absolut volume is off for all my Bluetooth devices. I like to control the volume with my phone and not only with the Bluetooth devices. 

Spotify Equalizer isn't activated at all. 

HyperOS Equalizer isn't available for Bluetooth and set to normal (default setting) and can't be changed at all. 

I disabled any other Equalizer like SpotiQ Ten and °Sound°Beautifier. 

Running latest Spotify version original from Play Store with premium service. 

Settings for Spotify within Poweramp Equalizer is set to default. 

I just figured out while playing with the settings in Poweramp Equalizer that the volume is also increasing randomly to maximum if the compressor is turned off and on again. I did that just a few times in a row and every now and then the volume switched to maximum (not the volume sliders, only the sound). 

Perhaps there is a bug in the compressor? 

Okay. 

Attack 49.0ms, Release 1.0ms, Compression Gain 3.7, Frequency 395, Trashold -42.9dB, Gain 21.1dB, Knee 20dB, Expander 10, Noise Gate -90dB, Pre-Gain 0.0dB sounds best for me. 

I'm using this settings for a long time. 

By the way, can't reproduce the maximum volume by turning on and off the compressor today. May just a glitch yesterday. 

Seems to be solved now. 

What I did was set the settings to default and reboot my phone. Reload my settings of the EQ and Compressor. 

Clicked through more than 100 songs in Spotify with Bluetooth on. No more maximum volume appears. Same with turning the compressor on and off many times. 

Funny sideffects, now YouTube Music is also working with Poweramp Equalizer. This seldom works before. 

So I like to say thank you for the nice conversation and help. 

Did you do whole app to reset default? Also while eq being on or off before reboot??

3 hours ago, mattyraap1966 said:

Funny sideffects, now YouTube Music is also working with Poweramp Equalizer. This seldom works before

Also one advice from which helped me was to download app called don't kill my app from play Store when you open this app and scroll it will show how to get your app working like Poweramp Equalizer

working in background properly for each smartphone 

Note:- it only helped me when my eq started not to recognising yt and yt music after initially working

Edited by Anuj Ranjan

3 minutes ago, Anuj Ranjan said:

Did you do whole app to reset default?

Yes

5 minutes ago, Anuj Ranjan said:

Also one advice from which helped me was to download app called don't kill my app from play Store when you open this app and scroll it will show how to get your app working like Poweramp Equalizer

working in background properly for each smartphone 

I try it before but no effects at all. Let it scan for 2 hours. 

Only reset to default and a reboot of the phone worked for me. 

Export your settings from EQ and Compressor so you can easily import them back after default reset of PAE. 

I reset it, import back my EQ and Compressor settings, played a song to test my sound to be sure my settings are correctly back. Disconnect Bluetooth device (Spotify stopped playing) and rebooted the phone. Waiting 5 minutes to load all things running in the background of android and connected Bluetooth device and restarted Spotify to play my music (Bluetooth is always on for me).