Need help activating Poweramp without Google Play

I'm running V2 on a Android hand unit with only 2 gigs of RAM. I first signed into Google Play, downloaded the unlocker app and the app successfully was verified. Then I froze the app to save on system resources, once that happened my license failed to verify and I got the nag screen to purchase the app. I was looking for some type of solution where I can use the full version of Poweramp V2 without having to have Google Play services drain what little system resources I have.

I have also used the non Google Play option. In other words, I have purchased the app twice both with Google Play and the website option. 

When trying to restore the purchase using the website option it states that an email address needs to be logged in. I was wondering if there was a way around that because I believe having an email address logged in will once again drain valuable system resources.

Edited by Reroute0820

The Play Store version required a live internet connection for a period of time after installation (up to 24-48 hours from memory?) and I don't think it was possible to then remove the unlocker in the same way you can with v3.

Poweramp v2 website purchases required a fairly specific set of email options such as gmail, Yahoo, or HTC Mail to validate (remember you are talking about an eight year old app that is now an obsolete legacy product).

I assume your head unit is Android 4.4 or below, hence you are unable to use Poweramp v3 which is a lot easier to authenticate.

Andre

Posted (edited)

I would like to try to use the email verification method for Poweramp V2. How do I go about doing that? 

I know it says to be logged in But it isn't very specific. Do I need to download one of the specific email clients? Do we add an account in the Android settings? I'm a little lost...

EDIT 

I read your post again. If I understand correctly, if I use an email address of one of the providers you listed, purchase Poweramp through the website, I then should be able to verify my purchase with the code provided and an email address from one of the ones you listed above?

Edited by Reroute0820

As you have purchased a website version already, if you put that email account (i.e. the email address you purchased with) onto your device, using one of the email apps mentioned, it should work. But remember you are trying to install an app that has been obsolete and had no further development for eight years.

Is the device a regular phone by the way? You wrote "hand unit" which I read as meaning head unit (i.e. a car radio) but perhaps "hand unit" means something specific here? What Android version?

Andre

Sorry, I meant head unit. The unit claims it's on Android 13, but I know that's a lie. It's on a much older version. But I can't tell for sure. Maybe Android marshmallow or nougat.

Would you be able to suggest a build of V3 that's the least demanding on system resources on older devices? Preferably one that's compatible with luminous black skin.