Poweramp jumps to next song after car restart

Poweramp is not continuing with the current song after car restart. Instead it jumps to the next song.

Wondering if this a setting issue or a bug. Also wondering if it is something to do with shutdown intent as well.

Any thoughts?

If you have Poweramp installed on an Android headunit (rather than playing music from your phone via Bluetooth) then the most likely culprit is indeed the shutdown intent. If Poweramp isn't notified correctly that the unit is powering down, and then allowed enough time to save its state, it won't be able to store the current playback position before it is killed.

You can check this by pausing playback while the power is still on, close the interface, and then after a while turn the power off. See if the position gets saved that way.

Andre

Thanks Andrew. When I look at the shutdown intent on my head unit, it is a free text field, so I assume it is giving the option to run a script to change the shutdown intent. Any thought on what script I could use that would resolve the issue? I am familiar with programing but not sure about the language used for this.

The shutdown intent setting in Poweramp is not a script. It allows you to define what particular shutdown message your device is actually broadcasting, so Poweramp can watch out for it and act accordingly. You need to know what your particular device is sending though, if it is not using the standard Android intent (android.intent.action.ACTION_SHUTDOWN).

Andre

28 minutes ago, Hincho said:

Thanks Andre. How do I get the shutdown info?

You could see if the manufacturers are able to tell you, but otherwise not easily. Debug tools probably won't help either, as they'll be killed too when the power is cut.

Andre

Spoke too soon! It worked for a short while and now it doesn't. Not sure why as the command is still there in the Studown Intent setting. Will try some of the other command options 

I did some googling and found that the below can be used as well, and yo my surprise it did! However, it works if there is a short timeframe between turning the car off then on. The next day it skips the rest of the song again. Wondering if the head unit goes into a different state after a long time?

android.intent.action.ACTION_SCREEN_OFF