Support for Android TV

Android TV (while ofc not even remotely comparable to mobile, still) has around 150million potential customers:

https://www.muvi.com/blogs/smart-tv-ecosystems-streaming-businesses

Add another 50 million fire-tv users (which are probably also more used to pay money for sofware);

https://www.streamtvinsider.com/video/amazon-fire-tv-reaches-50m-active-users

To my knowledge, there are only 2 working equalizers for Android TV available the Play Store as of today. And... well, without mentioning them by name, both are crap. So, to be 100% clear on this: You would be the top pick by far for this niche.

And apart from that: You would be my hero. 😂A decent equalizer on Android TV is really a matter of the heart for me.

So,

please evaluate whether this means any significant effort to make the app at least executable on the platform, from miraus even without any optimization of the user interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Been using PAE on my Android box (also works on TVs running on Android OS), make sure you have notification access enabled under special app access in android box settings. I've noticed no nvaigation issues for what I use in the app, but it is functional. Also, check below for more information.

First of all, thank you for your answer.

I also tried a little bit, but I couldn't get the app to work

I can launch the app, and with some detours navigate in it as well.

I have successfully given the app all the necessary permissions via ADB. and the app also confirms this to me within the settings.

Also my license from the PlayStore could be restored cleanly.

Despite all this, it simply does not work, the audio signal is not post-processed, and the app itself does not detect any audio apps. I tested Spotify, Youtube Music, Vlc and Kodi.

My target system is a 2017 Nvidia Shield with Android 11 (Shield version 9.1.1(233.2.0.157). If you can think of anything else to try, I appreciate any ideas.

On 7/21/2023 at 5:25 PM, mdl said:

First of all, thank you for your answer.

I also tried a little bit, but I couldn't get the app to work

I can launch the app, and with some detours navigate in it as well.

I have successfully given the app all the necessary permissions via ADB. and the app also confirms this to me within the settings.

Also my license from the PlayStore could be restored cleanly.

Despite all this, it simply does not work, the audio signal is not post-processed, and the app itself does not detect any audio apps. I tested Spotify, Youtube Music, Vlc and Kodi.

My target system is a 2017 Nvidia Shield with Android 11 (Shield version 9.1.1(233.2.0.157). If you can think of anything else to try, I appreciate any ideas.

'

I had this same issue initially, it turns out notification access must be enabled under special app access in android settings. Do you have that enabled?