Larger audio buffer for hard drive devices

Using an Archos 80 g9 250gb. I know there aren't too many hard-drive based Android devices, but the market is certainly there for those of use with very large media collections.

I'd love to have an additional buffer setting beyond the "large, 750ms" because this buffer still is not large enough to give the hard drive time to spin up.

I would hope it's an easy fix... I would assume the buffer requires at minimum several seconds--here's hoping it's as simple as changing one number in the code.

Problem experienced: only with higher bitrate MP3 files (200kbps to 320kbps) every 5 seconds it will pause and artifact. Note, FLAC and lower bitrate MP3 files all appear to work fine, which leads me to believe there must be a simple solution for this.

I would pay 10x the price for Poweramp to have this feature! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit I would also pay more for Poweramp to have this feature!.... I am unable to use Poweramp until this is added but I guess fact that nobody has responded for nearly a month to withsilentwings original post that this is not going to happen any time soon... :-(

Archived