A couple of things

edC

I have searched around the forum but haven't really seen a definitive answer to my questions.

First, I really like the app. I think that one of my problems might be more of a core Android issue but I am hoping maybe someone here can help.

I used mp3tag to edit a bunch of my genres. When I look at any individual file the genre looks correct but on the list of genres sometimes files show up under an old genre that no longer applies. E.G. moved all "Classic Rock" to "Rock" yet "Classic Rock" still shows up with several files. It appears that Poweramp uses the Android media scanner for that but I have tried several different ways of forcing rescans including turning the phone off and on, using a rescan app, going into the Music app and clearing data. Nothing works.

My 2nd issue is how to deal with play lists. I have >1,500 songs on my card. Trying to use Poweramp to place those into play lists is not a fun exercise. Is there ANY way to do that on the computer and read the list in Poweramp?

Thanks in advance.

OK I finally beat around until I found a way to force a re-scan without having to delete everything and reload.

First I tried one more unsuccessful method. I tried a .nomedia file in the root of my music dir with no success.

The thing that did eventually work was renaming my music folder. It might have been overkill but I also went into the stock music app and cleared the data. It successfully re-scanned.

Still no joy on how to better work with my playlists.

1. you can also use /sdcard/MusicFolders - this is Folder only folder used by PowerAMP by default (if exists)

2. i'm thinking about supported few playlist types (m3u, pls, wpl) to v2.0 for the new Library in that version.

The only problem is that such playlists created on the computer may be not usable after sync with the phone due to the non-relative paths in them.

• 2 weeks later...
2. i'm thinking about supported few playlist types (m3u, pls, wpl) to v2.0 for the new Library in that version.

That would be great. I would like to use doubleTwist AirSync with Poweramp, but right now Poweramp doesn't seem to support the .m3u playlist file that doubleTwist generates.

Archived