PowerAmp issues/questions

Hi,

Recently bought Poweramp and I have a couple of issues and questions:

1. I think this may be a bug. I've added to my external SD card lots of files and a couple of playlists. Now, at first I had no problem playing those playlists through Poweramp library feature, however now these playlist show they have 0 songs in them (empty) even though the songs in these playlists appear in library for Artist/Album and even though the android stock player has no problem playing these playlists and the songs in them.

2. I had Poweramp on android 2.2.1 and had no issues whatsoever. I've just upgraded to a cooked rom using 2.3.3 and i'm experiencing a skip once in a while. Now I have been having a problem with memory in this version (kinda low most of the time, launcher pro is being closed all the time) so I am quite sure it is related to this. Question is, is there something to do in the meantime ? something to ensure Poweramp is stable and gets all the resources it needs.

3. In MIUI player there's this next/previous song name and artist shown next to Next/Prev buttons...Is there something like that in Poweramp ? I kind of remember reading about this feature existing somewhere but cannot find it now.

Thanks,

David

Hi,

1. this is android os issue (especially on Samsung phones) - it's not related to PowerAMP and can happen with or without PowerAMP installed.

2. I'm not sure what your phone model is, but last PowerAMP build has improved buffering for lossless files for some 2.3 phones including Samsung and HTC ones.

3. No, and PowerAMP currently has no space in UI for this.

Thanks!

Hi,

1. this is android os issue (especially on Samsung phones) - it's not related to Poweramp and can happen with or without Poweramp installed.

2. I'm not sure what your phone model is, but last Poweramp build has improved buffering for lossless files for some 2.3 phones including Samsung and HTC ones.

3. No, and Poweramp currently has no space in UI for this.

Thanks!

1. You're correct, I've downloaded Winamp and was experiencing the same thing there. I've deleted the playlists and re-copied the m3u files and the playlists were re-created properly...till next time

2. I have a Samsung Galaxy i9000GT and the files are mp3. I did not have this issue with 2.2.1. I believe it's a memory issue with the cooked rom because i'm experiencing also memory issues on other occasions. I know it's not a Poweramp issue, was just wondering whether there's a way to ensure Poweramp gets max resources from OS (like Launcherpro has some 'keep alive' feature).

3. I see. shame, and thanks anyways.

Archived