Higher Volume

(Maybe this can be solved on my phone directly with some hack, but...)

It would be great to be able to turn up the volume much more. I did set the reply gain to 89db (with Media Monkey) so I have not to change volume constantly. But on my phone (HTC Desire Z) the music plays really quit on my headphones. I have set the "preamp" in Poweramp to the max (and volume too) and still it's not loud enough (and I am not talking about ear killing madness! - riding in the subway is often more loud than my music with really good headphones ).

Is there any solution for me? Would a higher preamp make sense?

Cheers

Joachim

You can get more volume from PowerAMP (for example, by using LOUD equ preset, adjusting preamp, etc.), but:

- you can damage your hearing. Due to this, almost all phones limit max volume (though, there are hacks to remove limit, like Voodoo driver/app)

- if you amplify basses, some dynamic range is required, but songs are usually already normalized, thus negative preamp is needed. In this case master volume helps.

Thanks!

You can get more volume from Poweramp (for example, by using LOUD equ preset, adjusting preamp, etc.), but:

- you can damage your hearing. Due to this, almost all phones limit max volume (though, there are hacks to remove limit, like Voodoo driver/app)

- if you amplify basses, some dynamic range is required, but songs are usually already normalized, thus negative preamp is needed. In this case master volume helps.

Thanks!

I do not want some ear breaking voume, just a volume that my songs -which replay gain is at 89db- play normal ;)

I just bought VolumeBoost from the market which does this trick without the need of a rooted phone :)

Archived