Poweramp overriding headset control while not being used

Firstly, I really like your program. Miles ahead of any other music player Ive tried (I've tried a lot)

Except for the widget skins (which I know are coming later) the one problem I have is with the headset resume. Is there any way that it wont override whatever is currently playing? Sometimes Im listening to podcasts through google listen, and I want to plug it into my car. But I have to pause it, go to Poweramp, pause the music in Poweramp and then return back to the other program to continue the podcast.

ts really convenient thought whenever I just want to put on some music and just plug it in. But I wonder if there's a way to tell Poweramp to hold off whenever I'm doing something else?

First of all, I want to say that I really like Poweramp, and I want to use it. But...

I also use a program called "Beyondpod" for listening to podcasts. I want to continue to use it. But when I use a headset (wired or bluetooth) while using beyondpod, Poweramp picks up on the headset controls and overrides beyondpod. This is similar to comments I have read in this forum from the other direction: for example, programs such as Winamp overriding Poweramp. After reading those posts it appears that for devices running froyo (mine is) the last active app should receive the headset signals. The only way I can get beyondpod to work with my headset controls is to disable headset controls in Poweramp. I really want to purchase and use Poweramp, but if I can't seamlessly move between it and Beyondpod, that's a deal-breaker. Any thoughts or instrustions?

Thanks for the report.

PowerAMP v1.4 has raised headset priority as otherwise, some new devices (like Atrix 4g) are just plain don't work with headset controls.

I will add option to avoid priority bump for headset controls into PowerAMP v2.0 (which is going to be next update on Market).

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Maxmpz,

Thanks for implementing this feature in the latest release of Poweramp. Poweramp and BeyondPod (along with my other audio-related apps) now work well together (when Poweramp is not given high priority). I have now purchased Poweramp and it is my music player of choice. Thanks again.

Archived