Playlist Sorting Optimization: From improper conjunction management to 'Artist/Album' sorting recommendation/request

Mush

When sorting playlists by track title, conjunctions and indefinite articles such as 'the' and 'a' are not being ignored. This makes finding specific songs in a playlist frustrating, especially knowing that Poweramp normally ignores conjunctions.

One example of this being properly implemented is 'The Beatles' being listed under 'B' when in the artist view. That is exactly the functionality I would like, by default, in the playlist sorting functionality. 

And now, one example of the current playlist sorting. If you sort a playlist by title, "The Fool on the Hill' is listed under 'T' as opposed to 'F.'

Okay, now onto the 'Artist/Album' sorting.

I would really like to be able to maintain my list options from the library view when sorting by 'Artist/Album.' In other words, I'd like to be able to scroll through my playlists and have the artists sorted first, then their albums by year, and then the tracks by their original track listing.

What happens now is that sorting a playlist by 'Artist/Album' results in songs being listed by artists, then albums, and then the, all listed alphabetically. 

Maybe it could be a sorting setting on its own. Or maybe this is just me being petty and this would be annoying and hard to do but I just wanted to throw this out there. I'd really appreciate it and maybe some others would too.

Thanks a million.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 10:45 PM, Mush said:

Or maybe this is just me being petty and this would be annoying and hard to do

Maybe me too, but I'd like the option to sort/not sort conjunctions/articles instead since Poweramp does this arbitrarily, and because I have many artists that do not use English and so this only confuses me further. The only proper solution to improve and keep this charade up in my mind would be something like making sorting rules for these particles in all languages and then either sort according to the language specified in the tags or use all rules simultaneously. I do not really wish this upon Max, or me if I had to tag.

I just want alphabetical sorting. and the scroll-bar to work outside the latin alphabet this and more in a new topic!!!!¡!! !!!! ! maybe

Archived