Can I Not Have Album Art In Gallery?

sonnyb

I'm at a loss. I find it annoying that all the album art is in my gallery, but I can find no setting to either have Poweramp store its thumbnails elsewhere or tell gallery to not show them to me. I have a lot of albums on my phone and I love the art in Poweramp, I just do not want to scroll passed them each time I want to find a camera folder. Or even if they were in only one folder in my gallery.....

I am using the licensed version on Fascinate 2.2.1 (rooted)

Bonus Q:

I'm Using Plugin Launcher to launch Poweramp when I plug in speakers, but recently Poweramp launches, begins to play, then pauses. I must hit play to resume. Sort of defeating the purpose of Plugin Launcher... Not sure if its a Poweramp, Plugin Launcher, or Froyo issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry, what gallery do you mean exactly?

You can check how PowerAMP finds album art here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=810&p=3113#p3113

You can also long press album art area in main player screen to get alternative images, including album art jpegs in song folder.

PowerAMP is able to launch itself by headset insertion, thus, your Plugin Launcher sends PLAY/PAUSE command to it which pauses it.

You should disable either that launcher or disable PowerAMP Resume on headset connection.

Thanks!

Sorry I wasn't clear. On my Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate 2.2.1), the Gallery is where one views one's photos. An icon from the app drawer opens a cooliris style viewer. Inside I have a folder for pictures taken with camera, a folder for DL'd pics (from texts, etc), and a folder I made for my custom icons. Also, there are 50 or so folders of album covers stored in a folder called .thumbnails

What I'd like is to not have those 50 thumb folders in my gallery. I suppose I can just delete them and see what sort of effect it has, but since Poweramp (I assume) loaded them in there I'm guessing they were needed. Figured I ask if there is a better way I cannot find. Do they need to be there to get the full affect of Poweramp's brilliant widget?

You are right to say the logic can be complicated in the post you linked. I am not sure that answers or helps me.

Thank you for clearing up my other problem and thank you so much for the EXCELLENT player!

Ok. I deleted all the album art folders in my Gallery and many of the albums showed no art, but not all. I let it DL art, most have been replaced, but not all. Nothing has appeared in my Gallery. I have no idea how all those folders ended up in my Gallery. Maybe it wasn't Poweramp and something I did.

Thanks for your help.

Archived