Love the new Poweramp, it fixed a lot of bugs regarding displaying tags and visualizing it into the UI, it is a breeze to use it now.
However I still have some bugs to report and / or suggestions on how some of these bug-related UI elements should be diplayed correctly.
Also want to flex my MS Paint skills, and to keep things simple, made a numbered list related to the images of my concerns.
ITEM #1: In all libraries (except the Album Artist one), an "ARTIST" tag is used even when "ALBUMARTIST" tag is included in a track. Evidently, the last song on each album is used to display the artist tag in those libraries. This cause wrong sorting and displaying in this situation for example: IMAGE #3 - a James Brown album is shown and sorted as an Afrika Bambaataa album, because the last song on his album "Star Time" is actually from Afrika Bambaataa. Once opening the album from that library and playing that song, everything is shown as it should (ARTIST tag shown).
ITEM #2: The fast seekbar disapears when you sort the library by anything other than name. That's a shame. I guess everyone would find it better if the album section would be sorted first album artist, then by a year and then by name. Especially when you have more albums from one artist.
ITEM #3: The problem I started with continues here. The tag is correctly displayed in Album Artist library and sublibrary of every artist in there. But when you open the album from here, it continues to use the Album Artist tag and loads it differently than above. This section should now use the "ARTIST" tag.
ITEM #4: The problem continues. When you play the song from Album Artist library, even the now playing screen now shows the "ALBUMARTIST" tag instead of "ARTIST" so you won't see featured artists in "ARTIST" tag when included. The image above it shows it does display the featured artist when you play the same track from any other library.
ITEM #5: This is cosmetical and a bit of a feature request - it would be lovely if there was an option for a third line dedicated to album name (or maybe an editor on what to show and what not) and not showing it in a ARTIST - ALBUM format. The thing is that in the current state, it feels really crowded, a big portion of songs are just cut because the artist's or album's name is really long.
ITEM #6: On some songs, there is a big pitch in the track seekbar even though there is not anything pitching in the song. Is there any way to smooth these bugs and put in a more linear line?
ITEM #7: The default size of clickable song element is just too big when opening an album. I can change it, but I have to do that in every library. Is it really necessary having it that insanely big by default not even seing the full artist's name (and having the album tag after it).
ITEM #8: This is related to #2. Not a biggie. I guess everyone would find it better if the album section would be sorted first album artist, then by a year and then by name. Especially when you have more albums from one artist.
ITEM #9: There is lot of stuff going on here and I find it confusing. It is an opened album and it's size was set at the minimum by me (as it should be by default IMO like I said in #7). But even at the smallest size, it is so crowded. You just opened and album and want to play a song from it - why would you need an image art next to each song (it is especially annoying at the default size, see #7), why would you need an album tag after every artist tag in the list. It should be dedicated to just a song name, its length, an artist (as with featuring they differ) and maybe its track number (still better than 20 images in every opened album). There is already an album image, album name information on the top of the list, so there's no need for it, it's just confusing and poor use of space. If anything could be added, it is definitely a genre tag - on top of the list. Then there is the same bug as in the #1 item - the last song's "ARTIST" tag is used instead of "ALBUMARTIST" tag. Finally, last thing - the floating now playing window could use the same suggestion as I made in the #5 item - 3 lines instead of 2.
Keep up the great work!