About This File
Poweramp v3 (ALPHA test build 700) for standard (ARM-based) Android devices.
Released: 3 January 2016
This is alpha version of upcoming major Poweramp release. Please make backup of your existing Poweramp app/settings/db before installation as you won't be able to rollback to Poweramp v2 without alpha uninstallation, causing settings to be lost.
You can install it over your existing v2 installation (your purchase and settings will be carried over).
At this time, only ARM processors are supported. We'll add Intel support for later beta builds.
Min. supported Android: 4.1.
Skins are disabled in alpha as UI is partially changed and there is no point in (re-)building skins now.
This Alpha is focused on Audio Engine and Visualizations.
This is why Visualizations are enabled by default. It can be disabled via right drawer menu, and we'll add option to disable it completely later.
- new audio engine
- Poweramp now uses 32-bit float sample representation
- Poweramp core DSP now uses 64-bit float internal math, helps a lot for accurate high amplification of basses
- Reverb with presets, improved StereoX effects
- Tempo control
- mp3, aac, ogg vorbis, opus and other lossy formats now decoded directly to 32-bit float representaion (no intermediate conversions)
- opus, tak, mka, dsf, dff formats support
- Poweramp now always properly fades in/out and ramps volume changes to avoid clicks and pops during any transitions (resume/pause/seek/etc.)
- Poweramp now applies gapless smoothing between gapless tracks
- Poweramp now always uses own resampler
- optional SoX very high quality resampler
- output Dithering options
- OpenSL optimized output
- support for 3rd party plugins (DSP/Decoder/Output)
- full support for milkdrop presets
- v1 and v2 (with shaders) presets supported. Support for v2 presets is best on OpenGL ES 3.0 enabled devices
- milkdrop presets can be loaded from sdcard and downloaded as APKs from Play
- support for 3rd party preset APKs
- spectrum visualizations
- main player right drawer for fast Equ/DSP/Visualizations access
- many other changes, more changes are planned
See information in the alpha-test forum for further details and discussion: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8494-poweramp-alpha-build
What's New in Version ALPHA TEST Build 700 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.