Album art swiping suggestion

Timmy Fox

I know you can disable the album art swiping to change track, but I'd like the ability to disable it for the lock screen widget (and possibly widgets in general) only, while keeping it enabled in the player... It's getting slightly annoying at times when I'm trying to unlock the phone and accidentally change the song by being used to doing a gesture to unlock rather than tapping the unlock button.

Another suggestion would be to make the album art follow the finger when you swipe, for some eyecandy.. also, perhaps also not switch track until you let go off the screen, like, the way it is at the moment, you can touch the album art, move your finger left or right, still keeping your finger on the screen, and it will still change to the previous/next track..

Thanks for the requests.

Yes, currently swiping setting affects both lock screen and main screen album art (home screen widgets can't process swipes by (android os) design).

I'll be thinking about adding separate option for lock screen swiping.

Your second suggestion sounds great, I'll be looking into implementing this (probably only for high-end phones).

Archived