• Announcements

    • andrewilley

      Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

      As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barcajuvebilbao

PAv3 Import/Export / Lyrics / Album Art issues

7 posts in this topic

[Split out from PAv3 Update thread --- Mod]

On 1/3/2018 at 9:32 PM, RockStar2005 said:

 

Yeah there were many updates, but now instead of V3 we're being told we're just gonna get another beta/alpha version, and even that we don't have an exact release date for yet. "End of 2017" was the last one we were told, and now it's January 3rd and no update that means anything really. 

I am telling you for the third time maaaaaan, it ia 2 years when Poweramp got last update, but when it does it will bring 3 MAJOR features, which I personally digging for. The visualisations are JUST UNIQUE. There is not any player in the market with such a great thing. Yhe main thing that people may complain for was(is) a little comfusion with interface, and it will be gone with v3. And the last one, we are gonna have hi res audio 192 khz, which is really exiting because there are plenty Heavy Metal hi res albums. Compare it to PlayerPro, it even does not have lock screen song progress bar, and even cue sheet or visualisations. All the players that I had was issuing 1 update for a month which brought just nothing. I am considering decent these kind of progress even for 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, barcajuvebilbao said:

I am telling you for the third time maaaaaan, it ia 2 years when Poweramp got last update, but when it does it will bring 3 MAJOR features, which I personally digging for. The visualisations are JUST UNIQUE. There is not any player in the market with such a great thing. Yhe main thing that people may complain for was(is) a little comfusion with interface, and it will be gone with v3. And the last one, we are gonna have hi res audio 192 khz, which is really exiting because there are plenty Heavy Metal hi res albums. Compare it to PlayerPro, it even does not have lock screen song progress bar, and even cue sheet or visualisations. All the players that I had was issuing 1 update for a month which brought just nothing. I am considering decent these kind of progress even for 2 years.

 

ALL that is great barca, but what isn't great is continuously being kept in the dark all the time. I look forward to Poweramp once again 1) Letting you import/export Settings files 2) Having the lyrics option ACTUALLY work 3) Having the right album covers display ALL the time. And other things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2018 at 11:07 PM, RockStar2005 said:

 

ALL that is great barca, but what isn't great is continuously being kept in the dark all the time. I look forward to Poweramp once again 1) Letting you import/export Settings files 2) Having the lyrics option ACTUALLY work 3) Having the right album covers display ALL the time. And other things. 

1) I've been seeing this problem with many users. Don't know why it's happening. After exporting the settings file and moving it to my Micro SD card, I'd factory reset my Galaxy J7 (which I've done PLENTY of times) and then move back the file to the PA folder after redownloading it. The settings would be restored after importing them.

2) I also have the lyrics problem. The Musixmatch plug-in isn't working. But I used Musicbee on the PC to attach lyrics to some of my songs and was able to view them on Poweramp. Took a while but I'm pretty sure there are Android apps for this purpose too.

3) Yeah this kinda annoying. I just do "Delete album art cache" (and sometimes clear cache and force stop in App Manager). It usually shows the correct album art after this. I also don't use the PA art downloader cuz I prefer embedded album covers. Sometimes I download album covers using PA and then embed the pics with Musixmatch.

Hope the long awaited update fixes all this.

These are just my experiences, hope they help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Arjun J. said:

1) I've been seeing this problem with many users. Don't know why it's happening. After exporting the settings file and moving it to my Micro SD card, I'd factory reset my Galaxy J7 (which I've done PLENTY of times) and then move back the file to the PA folder after redownloading it. The settings would be restored after importing them.

2) I also have the lyrics problem. The Musixmatch plug-in isn't working. But I used Musicbee on the PC to attach lyrics to some of my songs and was able to view them on Poweramp. Took a while but I'm pretty sure there are Android apps for this purpose too.

3) Yeah this kinda annoying. I just do "Delete album art cache" (and sometimes clear cache and force stop in App Manager). It usually shows the correct album art after this. I also don't use the PA art downloader cuz I prefer embedded album covers. Sometimes I download album covers using PA and then embed the pics with Musixmatch.

Hope the long awaited update fixes all this.

These are just my experiences, hope they help!

1) Sounds like a lot of work. lol But that's cool. 

2) Yeah I could do that too but again for me it's not worth the effort if I can just Google them. Yes, that plug-in is def not working in Alpha 704. 

3) Yeah now that you mention, even though I embed the album art myself, I still had Downloader on, so I just turned it off. If you don't hear from me within a week just assume your suggestion worked. lol Thanks!  In the past I let it download cuz I didn't always put album art in, but now I always do so I guess no need for it anymore. 

Yeah hopefully what you said works and then that will be ONE less thing to think about. But we'll see. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 2:09 AM, Arjun J. said:

1) I've been seeing this problem with many users. Don't know why it's happening. After exporting the settings file and moving it to my Micro SD card, I'd factory reset my Galaxy J7 (which I've done PLENTY of times) and then move back the file to the PA folder after redownloading it. The settings would be restored after importing them.

2) I also have the lyrics problem. The Musixmatch plug-in isn't working. But I used Musicbee on the PC to attach lyrics to some of my songs and was able to view them on Poweramp. Took a while but I'm pretty sure there are Android apps for this purpose too.

3) Yeah this kinda annoying. I just do "Delete album art cache" (and sometimes clear cache and force stop in App Manager). It usually shows the correct album art after this. I also don't use the PA art downloader cuz I prefer embedded album covers. Sometimes I download album covers using PA and then embed the pics with Musixmatch.

Hope the long awaited update fixes all this.

These are just my experiences, hope they help!

 

3) It didn't work Arjun. I did what you said but it still displays the last album's cover art on the 2nd or 3rd track of the current album that's playing. Oh well. lol Thanks anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2018 at 1:13 AM, RockStar2005 said:

 

3) It didn't work Arjun. I did what you said but it still displays the last album's cover art on the 2nd or 3rd track of the current album that's playing. Oh well. lol Thanks anyway. 

Aww that's to bad... Make sure you deleted album art cache after switching off Downloader. Also, when a song is playing on PA, on the Player screen check which album art is selected for that particular song by PA. Some other pic, like in-folder image or a PA downloaded art might have been selected, even if you had embedded the album art. (Don't forget Clear Cache and Force Stop in Settings➡App Manager➡PA)

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 9:25 PM, Arjun J. said:

Aww that's to bad... Make sure you deleted album art cache after switching off Downloader. Also, when a song is playing on PA, on the Player screen check which album art is selected for that particular song by PA. Some other pic, like in-folder image or a PA downloaded art might have been selected, even if you had embedded the album art. (Don't forget Clear Cache and Force Stop in Settings➡App Manager➡PA)

;)

I tried it again and for a day or so it seemed to be working. But then earlier today I saw it display the previous album's artwork again. Ughhh! lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0