Okay Google Now ...

SomeDude

Any plans for tighter integration with Google Now?  For instance, if I say "listen to songs by The Allman Brothers", the app opens to the search page with all my Allman Brother music staring at me, but the music doesn't automatically start.  The somewhat defeats the cool-factor of launching tunes through GN.  

Any chance you might enable an "auto-play at startup" feature, or some other approach to allow music to begin playing when invoked from Google Now?  WinAmp seems to behave correctly in this regard, but I'd really prefer to use Poweramp exclusively.  Thanks for your consideration.

Any plans for tighter integration with Google Now?  For instance, if I say "listen to songs by The Allman Brothers", the app opens to the search page with all my Allman Brother music staring at me, but the music doesn't automatically start.  The somewhat defeats the cool-factor of launching tunes through GN.  

Any chance you might enable an "auto-play at startup" feature, or some other approach to allow music to begin playing when invoked from Google Now?  WinAmp seems to behave correctly in this regard, but I'd really prefer to use Poweramp exclusively.  Thanks for your consideration.

I, too, would really like to see this feature.

I think it would be possible to pull information from the intent used to launch Poweramp to see if the calling application was Google Voice Search, and then automatically start playing the music returned from the search, instead of just performing a search.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see this as well, but if you do decide to implement it, I have a couple of additional suggestions:

1. Please don't limit yourself to Google Now.  I use S-Voice on my Galaxy Note 2 and would like the same functionality
  2. The Note 2 (and many other Samsung phones) have voice commands for "next", "previous", "pause", and "play".  It'd be great if you could support those as well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This would be greate if it worked properly

When I search goole now "play" "band name" Poweramp is launching and playing a song of this band. BUT the next song will be some randomize song from a diffrent artist

That's because it playing the "all songs" list.

It would be nice for google now to enqueue all that artist songs.

So when hitting "next" there will be another song of the same searched artist.

Archived