NTFS compatibility

bilbo49

Hello,

I've put my music collection on a ntfs usb drive, poweamp works well but it can't find and display jpg file (each music folders have a folder.jpg file), only embedded album art are correctly displayed.

So, i try the same collection on a FAT32 partition and now I can choose the in folder jpg file without problem.

I think there's some trouble with NFTS and jpg file, because I as say before Poweramp works well with all my flac files and ntfs !!

For now, i use this workaround : a fat32 partition for music (mostly flac) and a NTFS partition for my big video files. But if someone could explain me what happen or better fix that it will be better.

I use the 2.0.4build467 full version on a tablet under 2.2.1.

Thanks.

I suspect the NTFS case sensitivity in filenames plays a role here, as I also stumbled upon this problem myself on other softwares I'm developing.

Fat32 however, isn't case-sensitive.

Try rename the folder.jpg to someone with different case letter, and see which one works:

• folder.Jpg
  • folder.JPG
  • Folder.jpg
  • Folder.Jpg
  • Folder.JPG

Take note on the capital letters.

I suspect the NTFS case sensitivity in filenames plays a role here, as I also stumbled upon this problem myself on other softwares I'm developing.

Fat32 however, isn't case-sensitive.

Try rename the folder.jpg to someone with different case letter, and see which one works:

• folder.Jpg
  • folder.JPG
  • Folder.jpg
  • Folder.Jpg
  • Folder.JPG

Take note on the capital letters.

Thanks for that help,

I tried all these names and others but unfortunately none of them work as expected with NTFS partition (I can only choose "embed" album or "pick from sd").

Perhaps the I/O to fetch audio files and image files are different (not the basic system library I/O in that case ??).

The builtin galerie viewer works with all my "folder.jpg" files and MortPlayer does the job like a charm too !

Any idea from the author ?

I notice another thing : in folder view the album thumbs are not displayed but it works when i choose library/album view.

Archived