Since we're still waiting for the another patch, I'd like to report (again?) what I've found during that (way too long) period between releases. But first:
Phone: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803) running Android 5.0.2
BT headset: Sony MDR-AS600BT
- Sleep timer's Play Last Song To End doesn't work (as far as I remember, since the transition to v3 Alpha).
- After the last patch, If the player was not used for a while, and you try to wake it up with BT headset button, it beeps, starts for a moment and stops. Next try works.
- After the last patch, external devices (such as Pebble smartwatch) can only start playback, after that there is no way to stop it or switch the track.
- The player can sometimes fail to play anything, resulting in no sound and either:
progressbar works normally but visualisation shows no sound
visualisation shows full scale on all frequency ranges (still no sound)
the only ways to fix that is to exit the player and wait until process terminates or remove it from the processes list by hand
- Some issues with DVC + BT + MusicFX (no sound at all) but that wasn't as annoying as the things above
These things were found by me in the first days after the update, and they're still as annoying as they were a couple months ago. Other than that, it's great I've been able to get around the watch problem using my custom app for it, but that doesn't make it any less broken.
On that note, Poweramp API still isn't updated It was supposed to allow you to rebuild the complete UI, but I can't find things such as an option to control Sleep Timer or get the data from the "Extra meta info below seek bar" (which I use for showing the next track).
Please, it's the best player on the market, and I still love it, so please update us on the progress, and hopefully release quick patch for the known bugs, before going back to the major functionalities.