Can't Set as Default

Blackberry Priv SVT100-3

Android 6.0.1, Kernel Version 3.10.84-perf-g225899f

Cant get player to set as default.  Tried disabling Google play but no dialog appears to select Poweramp.  Tried MP3, ogg, and Flac files but phone says it can't play files.

While you should be able to do that, it does seem a bit hit and miss with some versions of Android.

However Poweramp is not really designed to be used that way, it is meant to access music via its own library rather than be passed an external filename.

Andre

So its not meant to be set as default audio player? 

Accessing a file should trigger it to ask which player I want to use as default,  which my device does not do.  It instead uses google play music despite its not being set as default.

It should be able to be set as the default audio app, so you can choose a file from a File Explorer app, yes - but I have heard a number of reports from people who say that it doesn't work on their particular device.

However that's not how the app is intended to be used - why look for files in a file explorer when Poweramp can auto-scan whatever directories you want and present you with a neat music list to choose from, sorted by folders and files if you wish? (showing cover art, tags, etc. where present, or just filenames if your music is untagged). Support for playback when launched from a file explorer app is very limited, and only plays that one track.

Andre

Ended up using an app called Astro File manager.  It allows the reset of the file association from google play and allow setting Poweramp as default player.  There appears to be no other way of doing this on my device as there is no other way to dissociate play music from audio file types.

Archived