Extend remote control support for volume control

Hi

I love Poweramp, it's great, it's THE music player I've been missing on android.

But one little thing is very annoying:

Could you please extend remote control support so that you can adjust volume levels remotely. Monster beats solo HD i.e. have a remote control that is capable of doing this, a pitty I can't use it.

Thanks a lot

• 1 year later...

iPhones and Androids use different electrical connections on the cables, so while the headphone buttons and wires look the same, they send different electrical signals to the device (Android uses a varying resistance pickup to one of the pins, not sure what iPhone does but it's electrically different).

It's like asking why you can't use a Wii remote with an Xbox.

Andre

iPhones and Androids use different electrical connections on the cables, so while the headphone buttons and wires look the same, they send different electrical signals to the device (Android uses a varying resistance pickup to one of the pins, not sure what iPhone does but it's electrically different).

It's like asking why you can't use a Wii remote with an Xbox.

Andre

I know, different resistance value... But I thought there was a way to change the resistance value Android was set for an action (i.e., changing volume) via any software or kernel change.

Archived