Accessing the Queue

Javalava

I would like to use the Queue but it seems difficult. Am I missing something? The only way I can find is to get back to the Library and select the Queue from there.

I often want to access the Queue from the Player screen. Would anyone else value a button on the Player menu that opens the Queue directly?

Having Enquired some songs, how should I start the Queue playing? Clicking on the song entry plays it from the library/folder.

It seems to me that the Queue is not logically part of the Library in the way Playlists are. [So should its access be parallel with Folder/Library on the bottom bar rather than within the Library list?]  The queue is dynamic, temporary, fed from Folders (physical store) Library (logical database) and Playlists (user preferences) as an alternative feed for the Player.  That's how I'm used to using it anyway.

If I've misunderstood, perhaps there could be some explanation of how to use it on the FAQ? 

Correct, the queue is not part of the library as such, it is merely a quick way to temporarily interrupt regular playback in order to listen to a song (or a few songs) from elsewhere, and then return to normal playback where you left off afterwards. If you want to do more, or make longer lists that you may wish to return to later, create a Playlist instead.

If nothing is currently playing there's no point in starting with the queue at all, just start the first song playing normally by tapping on it and then enqueue subsequent items.

The default operation of queued songs is to commence playback after the currently playing song has finished, but you can change that behavior option via Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue.

Andre

Thank you for explaning.  I will try using play lists when listening to music.

However I use Poweamp most regularly for group guided meditations, morning and evening.  It's important the talk is followed by silence (without fuss).  I get that by queuing a single file.

The difficulty with starting a song in its context is that the next track is played when it finishes.  Maybe there's some way I can play one track and only that one?  Or is what we're doing the best way?

You can't play a single song and then auto-stop, but you can play a single playlist and then stop. Put the initial song into one playlist on its own, and your followon songs into another playlist (named so it will be the next list in order). Then tap that one song inside the playlist on its own to start it playing. 

You also need to ensure Repeat mode is set to OFF (using the icon in the lower-left-hand corner of the cover art area). The default mode is 'Advance List', which is what is making Poweramp automatically move on to the next list after each one is completed.

Once PA stops at the end of the current list (just that one song in this case) you can simply press >>> to move to the next list and press Play when you want to start the list containing the main set of songs.

Andre

Archived