Playlist View

Slug

Very new to PA - just going through evaluation of trial version prior to forking over the $'s !!

I've got about 1,000 songs in a playlist (on an SD card in a S7 Samsung) that I always play shuffled/random.

While the current song is playing, how best to get a listing of tracks that are coming up in order of play for that 'shuffle session'

(and hopefully those that have previously played in order) ??

p.s. I've just ditched Google Play Music which we were forced into by Samsung/Google as default player - one nice feature it had

was an icon on the main song screen that with a tap brought up the current list of songs that were to be played in order and from there you

could delete them from just that session, etc )

There isn't currently any way to review the internally-stored shuffle history, or see the future planned shuffled tracks (apart from the immediate next song, which can be displayed at the bottom of the player screen just below the Title/Artist details). It is something that has been requested many times though, so maybe something will be added to a future release?

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 8:02 AM, andrewilley said:

"There isn't currently any way to review the internally-stored shuffle history, or see the future planned shuffled tracks (apart from the immediate next song, which can be displayed at the bottom of the player screen just below the Title/Artist details)."

I am not seeing this immediate next song. Blow the scrolling album title, all I see is 44.1KHZ etc. 

5 hours ago, Dave M. said:

I am not seeing this immediate next song. Blow the scrolling album title, all I see is 44.1KHZ etc. 

It's an option, see Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > Meta, and select which metadata you want to see displayed there. [I'll move your duplicate thread for you as you've found the details here]

Andre

• 3 years later...

Some Categories (e.g. Albums and Folders) now have a view setting in their List Options to view the songs in their shuffled order, rather than in a normal fixed order (such as Track#, Title, etc).

Playlists do not have very many viewing options though, presumably as the songs are likely to be spread over a range of different folders/albums/artists. What you can do instead - for both Playlists and the Queue - is to use the three-dots menu icon at the top of the relevant song list and choose 'Re-sort'. This permanently re--orders that list based on a variety of criteria, one of which is Random Shuffle. Then you can simply press Play to hear that newly re-shuffled Playlist, allowing you to view the whole shuffled list from start to finish when you tap the cover art to see Category view.

That method also has the advantage that the shuffle order for that Playlist won't change again until you tap Re-Sort again, meaning you can come back to it again later and continue listening where you left off without hearing any of the previous songs again. You can even use the new List Options > List Position Memory feature to make the Play icon pick up where you left off before.  

Andre

Thanks for your reply Andre - very helpful.

"What you can do instead - for both Playlists and the Queue - is to use the three-dots menu icon at the top of the relevant song list and choose 'Re-sort'. This permanently re--orders that list based on a variety of criteria, one of which is Random Shuffle. Then you can simply press Play to hear that newly re-shuffled Playlist, allowing you to view the whole shuffled list from start to finish when you tap the cover art to see Category view."

This will work fine for me.

Archived