Folder with AAC files not in the list

Sekula925

Are these new files in the same location as your other music (i.e. a folder that is enabled for scanning in Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders)? What extender are you using, as I don't think just ".aac" is scanned for. Try changing to .m4a instead and see if that works.

Andre

53 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are these new files in the same location as your other music (i.e. a folder that is enabled for scanning in Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders)? What extender are you using, as I don't think just ".aac" is scanned for. Try changing to .m4a instead and see if that works.

Andre

folder with AAC files is in my default music folder with another mp3 music, when i press prefresh for scan for new music folder show for a second but imedieately dissapear, it looks like it can recognize it but filter it in a second, Screenshot is taken when i open file manually with es file explorer, that way it works fine

Screenshot_2016-11-01-19-43-11.png

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Sorry, are you saying that the scanner is not finding your files (i.e. you can't see them in the library views) or that it finds them but they won't subsequently play?

Andre

im sorry for my english, ill try to explain better. When i copied new music with AAC format (never had it before) and im looking for it in Poweramp, its not in the list, but when i press refresh to search new music, it will find it and show it in the list but only for a second but it imediately dissapear from the list again, like it was filtered by something but why when player can play this files without problem... hope you understand now

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

What filename/extensions? I don't think *.aac is supported, but *.m4a (e.g. from iTunes) should work as long as the files are playable.

Andre

actually i just converted FLAC files to AAC as i read its best lossy audio format, i dont know much about this yet,
and by list i mean when i browse trough folders in Poweramp

Untitled-2.jpg

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

OK, could you upload one of your converted files as a sample so i can have a look?

Andre

I managed to get it work, i went to settings > folders and library > ignore short tracks > and select dont ignore- include all, now all files are in the list, dunno why

I wonder if the converter program you are using is not setting some running time tag correctly, so Poweramp scans the file and then decides it is too short to bother with? (That option is there to stop notification sounds/etc from being picked up in the Library). It seems to be showing 5'00" in your player screenshot above though. Glad you found it, I'd never have thought to look at that without being able to see an actual file first.

Andre 

• 2 months later...

Hi 

I am having the same problem as mentioned above. 

The autoscan function does not pickup aac. Files. If I place the aac file into a folder and go and look for it it doesnt show up but if I go to file manager and search the song and say open with Poweramp then power amp plays the song but it doesnt give me the option to add it to the playlist. 

The song is 4:33 long so it isnt that it is too short.

Any suggestions 

Adding AAC files (extension .aac or .m4a) to the Library should be supported by Poweramp's music scanner, as long as the files are located within a folder which is ticked in the Music Folders list of course. If the scanner looks at the file and can't understand it correctly it won't be correctly added to the library though, such as where there is something is wrong or missing with the tagging.

You can try to play a single file externally from Poweramp, but unless that file has also been added into the PA Library by the scanner you won't be able to do anything other than simply play it (such as adding to the queue or including it in a playlist). You should be able to use Menu > Info/Tags from the player screen though, what does that show?

If none of the above helps, please could you upload a sample file for checking?

Andre

Using .aac files is a bad idea, since they are raw audio streams without any additional info. This often causes players to misinterpret their length and explains why Sekula925's workaround works.

Make sure to always use .m4a (AAC stream inside an MPEG-4 container) when encoding. Renaming files afterwards obviously won't do the trick.

If your files already are .m4a, but aren't detected properly, it is most likely a broken header issue, caused by your converter software.

Archived