music folder selecting

Hi, so I'm not sure if this is a bug but it just recently became a problem. I have my music on my SD card and it is the only folder selected on the Poweramp app. Although on my phone's internal storage there are some other music files that I don't want on Poweramp. When I got the app I set it up so only the music files on the SD card would show, and it worked no problem. But for some reason all the other files are now showing in my music library and the folders are not    selected.

Possibly if you (or the system) removed the SD Card at any point, Poweramp may have lost its folder settings.

Go back into Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders and re-select only the music folder that you want. Hopefully that should stick, as long as nothing further changes in the file system.

Andre

I haven't removed the SD card and I haven't been notified about the system doing so. And I have already done the steps you mentioned. Before my original post I had already checked the folder in the SD card, it was the only one selected.

That's very strange then. Only folders which are ticked in the Music Folders list should be scanned. Could you double-check nothing else is ticked by accident (although it sounds like you have already done that) and do a Full Rescan and see what is found? If you still see incorrect items, set the view mode to Folders and sort by path so you can see where the odd ones are coming from.

Andre

So I looked into the folders and nothing showed up there, but the place where I found all the songs were in artist as unknown artist. The weird part is that all the songs that are not on the SD card are showing on the app and if you hold any of them to check the info, it's incorrect. I went to find the supposed path for a few songs and they were non existstent.   whenever I click on one of the songs it says "too many failed files, playing will stop now". I rescanned and they are still showing up like before even after the error message.

What is the real path to your song files, and what is the path quoted for these 'fake' song files which do not seem to exist when PA tries to play them? Out of curiosity, you haven't upgraded your version of Android recently have you?

If a Full Rescan does not fix it, either deleting the app's data or uninstalling/reinstalling the app should definitely fix the issue -but please backup any settings, playlists, etc that you want to keep before trying either of these. 

Andre

Well the real path is something like SD/media/music/ artist. So the fake files would go through the same thing and pick a random artist. And when I play them it gives me the failed files message that I mentioned in my last reply. And I don't think I updated my os for several months. But yea I did a full reinstall and selected the files that I want and now it's been completely fixed. Sorry I feel so stupid it was such a simple solution but yea thanks for the help.

Archived