Can I play music from network folder ?

ZenPiPs

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Currently only local, unless you can remap your network share as a symbolic link in your Android file system. One-off files can sometimes be played if launched from a file explorer that can see the network share, but Poweramp cannot scan them into its library.

Andre

New feature ? ?

• 2 years later...
On 9/29/2016 at 3:09 AM, andrewilley said:

I believe it is something that is planned for Poweramp v3, but I don't know how long it will be before Max will have time to start looking at it. It's certainly not imminent anyway.

Andre

Im a paid user now for sometime. Love Poweramp.

I note the explanation given that focus is for Poweramp to be a high quality audio player hence local files are better, but like other perhaps wondering if I could use to play music files on my NAS rather than having to load a full copy of music files onto my phone. Im still using alpha build 709 because I can't remember why, lists worked better for me particularly I think because I prefer to list by Album artists to avoid the Artist list which has too many artists due to compilation and soundtracks albums.

Is 709 v3 or still v2 and does Poweramp support playback over network?

1 hour ago, dav1129 said:

Is 709 v3 or still v2 and does Poweramp support playback over network?

709 is half-way between the two. It has the new audio engine, but not yet the new user interface (so can still work on pre-Andorid 5.0 ROMs).

You can play tracks from over a network (e.g. from a NAS) as long as you can map them to the local device memory in some way, but PA does need to be able to 'see' them.

Andre

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kingbily said:

It can also cache music files from the network folder when added to a playlist so that you can play them later when not connected to any WiFi or mobile network.

Poweramp can't cache music files, but maybe your Android system is doing something? From PA's point of view, any song that it plays has to be readable via the local file system (which could include a NAS etc if it is properly mapped). 

Andre

Archived