Sign in to follow this  
Noetsi

Question

Why below the equalizer in v3 does it say "DVC 16bit/48k SPK TEM?" What does it mean?  That the playback is less than Hi-Res?  Terrific app, by the way.  Just great.  Running on an HTC 10.  No problems with any file type, including DSD.

It's just letting you know what settings you have got enabled at the moment. DVC is on, the rendering mode is regular 16-bit at 48KHz sampling, you are listening via the phone's speaker and the tempo control enabled. If you change things (e,g, enable the Equaliser, or plug in a headset) you'll see that line change accordingly.

Andre

Thanks.  That I'm playing through the phones speakers I get -- in fact, recently I'm pairing with my car's speakers through Bluetooth most often -- but I always use the equalizer, so based on what you wrote, shouldn't that change the readout I mentioned?

Also, I plugged in headphones, played a variety of DSD or 192/24 tracks, and the readout said 16 bit/48khz.  Is it not playing the files to their full resolution?

It will only output using high resolution (assuming your device supports it) if you have selected the relevant option for Headset playback in Settings > Audio > Output. See also 

Andre

Thanks.  Updated settings. HTC 10 with 192/24 working fine, although frequently glitching with an error message, as reported elsewhere on this site.  I find that if I open another app and give it 30 seconds or so, it resets.